www.truckstopcanada.ca
www.truckstopuk.co.uk
www.brummionline.com
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freightliner cruise control problems

Default Freightliner cruise control problems

My cruise control wouldnt engage the other day and i have had this problem for a while it will work sometimes for days or weeks then other times miles.I have done some reading on the net and people claim there is a switch or sensor behind the dash that is the problem.Has anyone else had this problem.Thanks

2. Default Re: Freightliner cruise control problems

After having all kind of problems with Freightliner , this one is a new one for me.
    OOIDA Member
    I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Default Re: Freightliner cruise control problems

I have done some looking around on the net and some people claim there is a interrupter switch behind the dash cluster that is the problem.They claim its a very common problem with these trucks.But till i get home and get into the dealer im to sure.It started working agian.

I'm having the same prolbem, I just get a flashing check engine light that goes into the diagnostic part of the computer when I hit the set switch, I think the prolbem is with the on off switch itself. Any help would be apperciated.
    The Amercian dream is dead!

Its kind of funny the last time mine quit working i smacked the top of the dash right above the dash cluster where this so called interrupter switch is and it started working agian.Im going to pop my dash cluster out and see.From what i have seen on the net its only a $10 part.If you have a volt meter you could pop your side panel loose with all your switches and do some testing to see if the switch is working.

Quote Originally Posted by rollnthunder View Post
    Its kind of funny the last time mine quit working i smacked the top of the dash right above the dash cluster where this so called interrupter switch is and it started working agian.Im going to pop my dash cluster out and see.From what i have seen on the net its only a $10 part.If you have a volt meter you could pop your side panel loose with all your switches and do some testing to see if the switch is working.
    I tried that it doesn't work.

Call freightliner and talk to parts about some interrupter switch behind the dash cluster.Im trying to find out the name of the part and the part number.

Here is the update on the problem.I took my dash cluster out and did some checking with a volt ohm meter and found the faulty pressure switch behind the dash cluster.If you take out the dash cluster and look down into the dash there is a air manifold with 3 pressure switches in it 2 of them only have 1 wire and the 3rd one has 2 wires.The one with the 2 wires is the one you want.What this switch does is when the brake is pushed it activates this switch and deactivates the cruise.Well if the switch goes bad it thinks the brake pedal is pushed all the time.ITs only a $9.00 part at freightliner.

i'm gonna look into that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rollnthunder View Post
    Here is the update on the problem.I took my dash cluster out and did some checking with a volt ohm meter and found the faulty pressure switch behind the dash cluster.If you take out the dash cluster and look down into the dash there is a air manifold with 3 pressure switches in it 2 of them only have 1 wire and the 3rd one has 2 wires.The one with the 2 wires is the one you want.What this switch does is when the brake is pushed it activates this switch and deactivates the cruise.Well if the switch goes bad it thinks the brake pedal is pushed all the time.ITs only a $9.00 part at freightliner.

I looked back there, I did not see anything that looked like that.
    I miss my Cruise Control.

I only get a blinking dash board light when I try to engage it, from what I understand the lights blink a certain number of times & that's how the driver can pull the trouble codes without a scantool.

I think my on off switch for the CC is bad. I gotta get one, or somthing close to one that will work.