www.truckstopcanada.ca
www.truckstopuk.co.uk
www.brummionline.com
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: My first experience with some lot lizards..........

Default My first experience with some lot lizards..........

Man oh man, what a night! Monday night, I came rolling into Seguin, TX, and dropped off some freight at the Motorola place, right off Rte 123.

Afterwards, I head to the Flying J, right off of I 10 on the extreme east side of San Antonio, and put in my 10 hours down time.

I get there early evening, break out the mini bar-b-que, pull out my folding chair, and start cooking a little grub.

Now, when I parked at the J, I went to the back row, where there is some grass (hmm, wonder why there are all these big dead patches of grass everywhere), and back in, so I can put my chair in the grass, and have the tail end of the truck right there, to do all my cooking and what not.

So, I get done eating, and break out the ole Game Boy (old school Game Boy) and see if I can beat my last score on Tetris of 167 lines.

Im sitting there, when all of a sudden, the noisiest damn Freightliner comes screaming into the spot next to me, nose first, and stops! Im like, what the hell?

The guy sits there a minute or two, and then out of the corner of my eye, this nasty little bleach blonde, comes scrambling down the row of trucks, and climbs into his truck.

Me, being the naieve, good husband, just think that that must be his ole lady, since on the side of his door, there is some fancy lettering having to do with the names of a man and woman.

A couple minutes later, Ms. Nasty Pants comes climbing down the steps, and takes off, at a brisk, bow-legged pace. Then it dawns on me! Friggin prostitute!

Its none of my business of course, but I just dont want any of those nasty things messing with me, while Im sitting back and relaxing. (Looks like reclining back and taking a nap in the semi-fresh (no pun intended) air is out of the question, due to safety reasons)

So, I sat out there till evening, tinkering around, while the same 3 or 4 girls go walking back and forth past me. Fortunately, none of them even made eye contact with me- apparently, all communication is done ahead of time, over the cb.

So, as the sun sets, I decide to lock up the back of my truck, and seek refuge in my cab. What a show! All night long, watching these ladies climbing in and out of trucks, and hopping into their respective pimp mobiles, while they line up the next trick.

I kept thinking to myself, "Man, if you guys saw what just had that, you would think twice about messing around!"

So, in a nutshell, this was my first experience with the lot lizards. Being an expediter, I normally find a secluded lot somewhere, or camp out in the shipper or consignees lot, depending on the circumstance. With the truck sizes that we use, we can practically get into an area a car can. Nobody shuts off their damn engines in these truck stops, so a headache is very easy to get.

Scott
    SHEEP LIE!!!

"Ms Nasty Pants" ?? good call and a great story. Really enjoyed reading that one "WooberGoober"
    Munchkins Maverick
    15 yr. co. Driver
    10 yr. OTR. O/O
    6 yr. Expediter
    *JOIN OOIDA # 554655
    *JOIN Knights of the Road #201
    *JOIN HighwayWatch*
    UNITED we can make it BETTER !!!

Hey woober, try overnighting at Walmart, maybe 1 or 2 trucks there and they will most likely be other expediters and all us cheap skates shut down at night

Shoulda called the cops on the lizards. I am suprised no one did.
    "The learning curve always takes a turn through your wallet"

You know something, in hindsight, blah blah blah! I should have looked for a Wal Mart, but for lack of a fully functioning brain that day, I went to the truckstop instead.

I thought about the cops, but thought maybe they could not do anything, due to it being private property and what not.

I talk about it like it was funny, but in reality, who knows what them girls are on, and walking back and forth past my truck all night, I was kind of worried about somebody trying to break in.

Then there were the trucks honking constantly. That must be another form of communication to get their attention, for the ones who did not want to give themselves away over the cb. " Hey, this is Mike N. (for exmple) and Im in the back row in my blah blah blah truck.....just knock on the passenger door three times, and climb in......I have the blue and pink polka dot truck with the Joe Schmo Express logo on the door."

Well, how else are they going to know who and where you are? Lol.

Scott
    SHEEP LIE!!!

Think truck horns are bad... My pickup this morning was at B N S F the rail road company.. Well of course the train goes through town..

Every 15 minutes..

And they blow the horn at every crossing..

all night long..

By 1 am I was sleeping through it.

Actually you could have called the cops. I took some police courses back when I thought I wanted to be a cop. But just because its a private place doesnt mean cops cant do anything. As long as its a private property with public access (truck stops, malls, stores) but if its someones house you may not be able to do it. Just adding my two cents.

I get a knock on my door at 4 AM last Sat. Lot lizard I was thinking.... Nope- Johnny the white-collar crackhead claiming the old out of gas and need to get home story. No kidding, wearing better clothes than I own and driving a better pickup truck than the one I own, and he was begging me for cash at 4 AM in a truck stop. It's sad and funny all at the same time, but needless to say I was more than a little annoyed But I have been told and have read that is just how addicting drugs like crack are, the addicts will do anything even risking getting beat up by truckers for their fix.

UT

A lot lizzard approched my truck recently.Without a word she opened her coat and gave me a full view of the merchandise.

Wouldnt moma have been supprised if I had invited her in?

wonder if she gave free test drives too

Default KLLM VICE SQUAD

This is the "crown jewel" of my lot lizard stories:

I was driving for KLLM at the time and was at the TSA in Gary Indiana.
    I know, I know, lot lizards in Gary Indiana, who'd have thought!

Anyway, since I have the "gift of gab", I was talking to a DonCo driver (Yea, this was a while back) about the possibility of him driving for us.
    He left and I saw the security truck come whipping up, a lot lizard was running away from him, he bailed out and chased her on foot-he got her, too.

I thought to myself, "Someone has to help this poor guy".
    So I rolled up to the front where he handed aforementioned lizard to the police, I told him that we needed to go for a ride.
    He replied, "They know my truck too good"
    I said, "yea, but they don't know MINE
    He smiled and picked up on my Trojan Horse idea, and we went trolling for lizards!

He sat on the bunk and I closed the curtains about halfway and we picked up our first mark.
    She started quoting prices and when she was done, I said, "Wow, that sounds a little expensive", I flipped the lights inside the truck on, opened the curtain and turned to see the guard smiling.
    I then said "What do you think, G? Sound expensive to you?"
    The lizard was like "Awwwwwwwww (explative deleted), I shoudda checked the sleeper!"
    After our trolling exercise, we pulled up to the front of the truckstop where the cops were waiting along with the truckstop manager as five lot lizards came piling out of my truck.
    The manager looked shocked, I had a heck of a laugh.

I say call the cops every time, ALL THE TIME.

It's your truckstop, too and ask yourself, do you want that in what is, in effect your neighborhood?
    Where there are lot lizards, there is theft, drugs, robbery and other assorted crimes.
    Take a stand, report one, report them all.
    A Mighty Oak Tree was once just a small nut that held it's ground-if that doesn't work, give them the BAYONET!
    http://portsmouthhumanesociety.org/i...s/screamer.gif